We aren’t going to trick or treat this year with the kids, but we’re going to have a totally fun Halloween party with treats and eats, some poisonous punch, and some fun decorations like these DIY Dollar Store Halloween Monster Eye Votives.
Bring some creepy fun to your Halloween party table with Monster Eye Votives created with just three supplies from the Dollar Store, a craft knife and scissors!
Get the kids helping you with wrapping the votives in colorful Halloween-themed washi tape.
You can totally make a dozen Monster Eye Votives in just about 15 minutes with this quick and easy craft.
It could even be a fun gift or party favor for a co-worker or neighbor!
When you dim the lights, they’ll glow up nicely!
What do you need to make these DIY Dollar Store Halloween Monster Eye Votives?
You can get all these materials at the Dollar Tree. They have:
- Battery-operated votive candles in 2 packs
- Monster Eye Ping Pong Balls in 12 packs
- Washi Tape in Halloween prints
In addition, you’ll need an Exacto knife and a pair of scissors.
How do you make these DIY Dollar Store Monster Eye Votives?
When you remove the ping pong balls from package, turn them over and find the small hole at the very bottom. It will be right at the seam.
This is where you’ll insert the craft knife blade and carefully create a cross shape.
Once that’s cut, you’ll just line up the hole in the ping pong ball with the plastic flame of the votive. Push the ball onto the flame until it reaches the base.
All that’s left to do is decorate the battery operated votive by wrapping the base with Halloween themed washi tape. Then, trim the washi tape with scissors.
Now they’re ready to decorate the mantle or tablescape for Halloween! Spooky!
More Dollar Store Halloween Ideas
- Pretty Pumpkin Trio
- Glowing Halloween Eyes
- Make Halloween Surprise Balls
- DIY Dollar Store Halloween Bird Cage
Free Printables for a Home Halloween Party
Here’s a few printable ideas from my lifestyle blog, The TipToe Fairy for your Halloween fun!
- Make a Halloween Escape Room at Home
- Go on a Halloween Treasure Hunt
- Fun Halloween-themed printables for the kids
- Halloween Games for the Whole Family
- Name that Tune – Halloween Edition
- Go on a Neighborhood Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Dollar Store Halloween Monster Eye Votives
- Dollar Store Votive Candles – battery operated (2 for $1.00)
- Dollar Store Monster Eyes Ping Pong Balls – blue and red (12 for $1.00)
- Dollar Store Halloween Washi Tape
- Craft Knife
- Remove the ping pong balls from package. Turn them over to find the small hole at the bottom center.
- With craft knife pointed AWAY from you, carefully insert the blade into the
bottom of the hard plastic ping pong ball four times creating a cross shape.
- Line up the hole in the ping pong ball with the plastic flame of the votive. Push the ping pong ball onto the flame until it reaches the base.
- Decorate the battery operated votive by wrapping the base with Halloween themed washi tape. Trim the washi tape with scissors.
- You're done!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube!